Tank bottom valves are typically used for on-off bottom drain tank application, where flushing or fluid transfer is necessary. The compact and lightweight design is ideal for in-line maintenance under the tank. QT series valves are available in various materials, to suit the customer’s needs and processes. The bodies and trim can be supplied in Haselloy, Inconel, nickel, or titanium.
|Class 150 to 1500, JIS 10K to 63K
|In-Side Disc, Out-Side Disc, Ram
|ASME B16.5, ASME B16.34
- Three Types of Design
Outside Disc : Rising Disc Type (Opening into the tank)
Inside Disc : Lowering Disc Type (Opening into the valve)
Ram : Piston Disc Type (Opening into the valve)
- Fugitive Emission – ISO15848
- The latest international fugitive emission standard ISO15848 was applied to the QT series to minimize the level of emission. A two-stage seal structure with soft and metal seals ensures low emission outside. The metal seal supports the soft sealing gasket to maximize the intended reduction in emission.
- Dead Space Free
- Drain valves are designed to ensure complete drainage from the vessel and from the valve itself. The QT series’ dead space free design prevents slurry or particle accumulation.
- Anti-Twist Pillar
- Four thick pillars were specially designed to prevent valve twisting by the operating force. This design allows safety operation by the operator and plant to prevent exotic fluids from flowing out accidentally.
- Separated Seat Structure
- The QT series seat can be removed because it is bolted to the piping pad and body. This advantage facilitates easy maintenance, thus reducing the cost incurred because of extra work that would be reduced. Further, the seat can also be replaced.